This week has seen some big changes in the new Accelerated Reader library:
– All the fiction books currently in the library have now been labelled (Hurrah! A big thank you to Ethan’s mum for her assistance with this over several weeks).
– New shelving has arrived in preparation for our new Non-fiction section (more labelling to come!)
– Our Reading Rewards scheme is taking shape (more on this over the next few weeks)
– The Library has started to open at lunchtime on certain days
We are beginning to plan the re-decoration of the library space later in the year. If there is anyone in the Elmhurst community who is a whizz at upholstery, we have some very tired chairs and footstools which we would like covered. If you can help, please let Mrs Marriott know.
On that note, Mrs Copley would like to thank all the parents and members of our community who have already helped get the library to this point. (A special mention to our lovely handyman, Peter.)
Coming soon (more details to follow next month:
– Parent Library volunteers inaugural meeting (coffee morning)
– Parent Reading Information drop-in sessions