Elmhurst School strives to offer families an outstanding but affordable independent education. All prep school fees are inclusive of lunch, all stationery and the loan of text books. An additional payment of around £400 is payable during Year 4 and Year 5 for the purchase of a chromebook device. Parents wishing to purchase the device earlier for home use should contact the school office email@example.com to ensure the device they purchase is compatible with the school systems.
Early Years Funding
15 hours Universal Early Years Funding is available to all children from the term after their third birthday up until the term in which they turn 5 years old. The school will process the application for funding on the parents’ behalf with the deduction shown on the termly fee bill.
Full details of Little Elms Nursery Fees can be found here.
School Fees per term for Academic Year 2023/2024
School Year Group Termly Fee
Reception, Years 1 and 2 £3,900
Years 3, 4, 5 and 6 £4,548
Elmhurst offers a 10% discount for the second child
Scholarships and Bursaries
A small number of scholarships may be awarded by the Head from time to time for pupils who show exceptional promise and are fully committed to Elmhurst School.
In addition, each year applications are accepted for the ‘Dighton Scholarship’. This is a means tested scholarship for 7+ entry to the school for a pupil who otherwise would not have the opportunity to attend an independent prep school. Families considering applying for this should contact the Admissions Manager in the first instance. The deadline for application is the same as mainstream applications.
- All fees are due and payable on or before the first day of the term. Late payment charges may be applied.
- We offer an interest free monthly payment option to our parents. For ease and simplicity, we have decided to offer our monthly payment option during the first three months of each term; this means that fees for each term should be paid in three equal instalments during the first three months of the relevant term.
- No reduction can be made on fees due to absence. Fees remission insurance, which covers the return of fees if the child is ill for 5 or more days (including weekends) is available and added to the fee as an optional extra*.
- A personal accident insurance is also included which covers your son 24 hours a day, 365 days a year world-wide, whilst a pupil at the school, against permanent disability or death. Should you require any further information contact the school office*.
- Failure to pay fees may result in the pupil’s place being suspended or withdrawn.
*Applications for insurance need to be made in a timely manner in advance of the term in which they are to apply.